Sunday 12 May 2013

Would You Rather? Beauty Edition

I saw this fab TAG on Kayleigh's gorgeous blog Couture Girl.  I love having a go at tags and seeing other lovely bloggers' versions.    

If you've never heard of 'would you rather' before, its very self explanatory. A set of questions asking if you'd rather do this or that and often you'd rather not do either which makes it all the more fun.


Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks, and lip glosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows?
This is an easy answer - mascara is my number 1 must-have product.  I could even get rid of eyeliners,  lipsticks and lip glosses too before I would say good bye to mascara!  I do love a good eyeshadow palette, especially the original Naked palette and Chanel's Les 4 Ombres in Regard Perle but I would have to sacrifice them if it was a toss-up between them and mascara.


 

Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?
Definitely never cut it again.  There is no way I could do a Jessie J and actually pull off a buzz cut!


Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?

Hmm, I think I prefer pink.  I like Mac's Fleur Power for a fresh pink hue.


If you had £1000 to spend, Would you rather buy clothes or makeup?
Ooh this is a toughie - and I've now spend a long time daydreaming about which purchases I would make!  I am usually more happy to spend ££ on make up (and skin care) at the moment as I am holding off on buying clothes until I have reached my SW goal.  In fact, I find buying clothes a bit depressing :( .  Saying that, what better motivator would there be than having £1000 to spend upon reaching that goal?!


Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner, or eyeliner as lipstick?
Oh my goodness, I made this mistake once when I was younger.  I was heading out for a big night out (at Jaspers if any of you know Grantham!) in a taxi and was doing my make up on the way.  I applied my lip liner quite thickly.  Upon getting out of the (dark) taxi and entering the (brightly lit) foyer, everyone noticed my mistake!  Although I don't think that was quite as bad as my friend once applying a thick layer of lipgloss only to realise that it was mascara, eww!


Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?
I would love to experience shopping in Sephora and on my trip to the States in the Summer, I'm sure I will spend many an hour there.  If it was a choice between Boots and MAC, I would go for Boots.  Although I do love MAC, I enjoy the choice (and Boots points) that you get in the drugstore. 


Would you rather only use one eyeshadow colour or one lip colour for the rest of your life?
For me, this would have to be one lip colour and I would go for an easy to wear nude.  In fact, I would probably be happy with just wearing Korres' Jasmine lip butter! 



Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?
I am more happy covering up and could think of nothing worse than wearing a flimsy dress in the drizzly, miserable, long British Winter! 


Would you rather dark nails or bright nails all year round?Hmm, I tend to prefer a neutral nail colour but I do like a deep burgundy and I have a nice dark grey too so I think I would go for the dark option if I had to choose!


Would you rather give up your favourite lip product or your favourite eye product?
As I have mentioned before, I cannot cope without mascara.  Benefit They're Real is my current fave.
 
Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a pony tail or a messy bun?
A pony tail is ok but I think a messy bun suits me more.  I often twist my hair into a simple bun for work (keeps it out of the way of children's hair and the risk of nits) and I like putting it up into a large bun with a doughnut for an evening do. 


Would your rather never being able to paint your nails again or never use lipgloss?
I would never paint my nails again.  I like a good lip gloss such as Philosophy's Divine Colour in Lilac Rose.  I do agree with Kayleigh though, sandals with bare toenails is a bit eww!


Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all? or sharpie them in everyday?
I have a friend who has very pale (non existent!) eyebrows and it just looks normal on her.  I don't think I could pull it off though.  I think I might have to go for the Scouse brow sharpie option.

Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?
Well I hardly ever bother to do my nails so I would quite happily live without nail polish.  I find it so frustrating to make the effort to paint my nails for it just to chip off the next day.  I don't think, apart from when I've had a gel manicure, that I have used a nail polish that has lasted more than a day.  Any tips would be gratefully received!




I have really enjoyed reading the different versions of these that have popped up today and I hope you like my answers!
 
If you have done this TAG, please leave your link below!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x