Saturday 4 May 2013

Saturday Scents 1 - Jo Loves

At the moment, I am a bit obsessed with perfume.  I have recently found a few gorgeous examples and I have decided to start posting a regular fragrance post - Saturday Scents. 

I am going to start with a company that is a new discovery for me.  I have long been a massive fan of Jo Malone as a brand.  The light, natural fragrances that they are famous for are the perfect fit for me and I have a wish list from them as long as my arm.  So imagine my delight when I heard that THE Jo Malone herself had started a new venture on her own after she sold her original company to Estee Lauder

Enter Jo Loves - a brand started in November 2011 with iconic red packaging, simple yet striking bottles and fragrances which capture "the things in Jo's life that inspire her, from ingredients and people to moments in time".



I was lucky enough to receive some samples in the post and I literally squealed with delight when the cute little red boxes dropped through the letterbox.  In my package were ORANGE TULLE, GREEN ORANGE AND CORIANDER, MANGO NECTAR and A SHOT OF THAI LIME OVER MANGO
 
 
 


ORANGE TULLE was the first one I tried.  Orange Blossom from Jo Malone is one of my all-time favourite perfumes and I was expecting something similar.  This however, is much more complex.  There is a hint of orange blossom but it is mixed with mint, mandarin and musk notes.  It reminds me a bit of orange sherbet.  And who doesn't like that?!



GREEN ORANGE AND CORIANDER is my least favourite of the samples I received.  This is not because I disliked it - I enjoyed the depth and herbiness from the black pepper and coriander seed + leaf mixed with the bitter fruit of the green orange - but it was just too masculine for me.  I love the effect of this combined with Orange Tulle though.  It smells like a spa day!



MANGO NECTAR is the signature scent from the Mango Collection.  It is sweet and fruity - truly reminiscent of freshly cut mangoes.  Delicious!

 
 
My absolute favourite of the bunch, and the one I am going to purchase a full-size bottle of this week, is A SHOT OF THAI LIME OVER MANGO.  This scent literally made my mouth water when I first sprayed it.  It is zingy, fresh and fruity without being sickly.  As it softens, interesting herb notes come through and the result is a complex, interesting and exciting fragrance that I feel seems slightly different each time I smell it.  Throughout the day, the scent mellows and leaves a subtle hint of summer on the skin.  Simply gorgeous. 




To sum up, I could not put it better than the company itself:
"Jo Loves is all about the things that make my heart beat". 
I cannot wait to get my full-size purchase and I am dying to try their other offerings!
 
Have you tried Jo Loves?
What is your favourite of their fragrances?
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. ooo lovely review- glad i could introduce it to you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'd not heard of them before I read your lovely blog so thank you!

      R x

      Delete

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x