Tuesday 7 May 2013

Inspiration

If you read my last blog post you will know about my new-found love for Jo Loves perfume. 

My favourite was A SHOT OF THAI LIME OVER MANGO and it was so delicious that it has inspired me to design a cupcake in its honour!  To me, the essence of this scent is the zesty, exotic fruitiness underpinned by fragrant herbs.  And of course, the iconic red box is important too!


 
 
The sponge is flavoured with lime - I used lime juice, lime oil and lime zest to emulate the sharp citrus notes in the perfume.  This was then enriched with a lime syrup drizzled over the top. 
 
I filled the cupcake with a homemade compote of mango and it was here that I echoed the herbs and spices in the fragrance by adding mint, thyme and black pepper.   
 
A further lime kick came in the frosting (lime buttercream).  Finally, the cupcake was topped with fresh mango pulp and another drizzle of the syrup.
 
And what other colour could the cupcake case be than red?!

 

 
 
Yum!
 
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x