Friday 27 September 2013

Foodie Friday - Clumber Park Food Festival



At the weekend I went to a food festival in the beautiful setting of Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous, a real treat for mid-September, and this helped to make a real festival atmosphere with a live band and hay-bale seating.  A perfect way to spend an Indian Summer's day!

There were a myriad of mouth-watering stalls offering any kind of food and drink your heart could desire.  I went a bit snap happy but I'm sure you will appreciate the deliciousness!


There were lots of oil and vinegar stalls that had bread or cracker dippers and this one was my favourite - really nutty and flavourful as well as being 100% British and more healthy than olive oil. 



Another plentiful product was flavoured alcohols, particularly Sloe Gin.  These two stalls, SloeMotion and Christine's, had some yummy tasters but as I was driving I had to stick to tiny sips! 




Look at these tools...
... all made from chocolate!  Such amazing craftsmanship from Schokolat.

Getting a big section all to itself, as the cakes were so utterly beautiful, is Patisserie Lola.  Laid out with an array of coloured tablecloths and vintage cake stands, the cakes looked as delicious as they did pretty.  I had to restrain myself from buying one of everything!  






We tried a few of the offerings from Chocolicious Cakes, and oh my, they were like pieces of heaven!  The Chocolate Orange Brownies were my favourite - melt in the mouth gooey goodness. 


One of the highlights of the day was churros and chocolate whilst sitting on the grass.  


There was a fab selection of street food vans including this gorgeous pizza van that had actual wood-fired pizza.  In a van.  Who'da thunk it! 



How cute is this Juice Stall?!  I got a refreshing apple and strawberry juice.  The only downside was the fruit attracted wasps and one stung me after flying up my maxi skirt and hiding until I was driving home - ouchies! 




On the way home, I drove through Clumber Park and was very jealous of all the families having picnics and playing games in the fields.  And this guy - it was such a glorious day for a bike ride in the country!


Have you been to any food festivals?

Have you visited Clumber Park?




4 comments:

  1. Dear lord, those baked goods look to DIE for! This reminds me of our farmers market we have here...I just looove strolling the stalls and picking up delicious homemade products. Way more interesting than going to a boring ol' grocery store!

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah they were amazing! So many testers too, yum!!

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh this all looks SO AMAZING! <3 I wish I knew this was happening, I would have gone!

    www.rebeccacoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I only found out about it through a friend, didn't see any advertising!

      Rebecca x

      Delete

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x