Thursday 7 November 2013

The ONE brand project - REVLON

I have been having serious withdrawal symptoms after the end of #theSOproject and was desperate to try something new so I have decided to join the ONE brand project.  Each week, along with a few other bloggers, I will be writing a post all about (as the name suggests!) one particular brand.  I have to admit that I'm not really an expert with any of the brands, and don't any many products from them, but I will be making wishlists and looking at new collections from each brand.  

Check out the introduction to the project on Daniella's blog here.  She also has a 'Getting to Know You' post featuring the other bloggers involved.

REVLON


Long lasting liquid lipsticks are all the rage at the moment, with Hourglass leading the way at the higher end of the market.  Anything that lasts all day is a winner in my book and this deep autumnal beauty boasts up to 12-hour food-proof wear.  

I am a newly converted fan of gel eyeliners thanks to my new Bobbi Brown number.  This has an in-built brush for easy on-the-go application.

As an oily-skin sufferer, I have to choose my foundation carefully to avoid looking like a grease-ball.  Although I haven't tried this, it looks fab - it claims to provide lightweight, oil-free medium to full coverage.  

Another essential product for my oily skin is a good powder.  I use a powder to set my foundation and reduce shine, but I don't want a cakey face.  This aims to provide an 'undetectable' finish so in theory, should be just what I am looking for!  



What are your favourite Revlon products?

If you have done a ONE brand post, leave me your links!




12 comments:

  1. I really want to try the nearly naked foundation! I posted mine! http://www.sophierosee.com/2013/11/revlon-one-brand.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the look of the Revlon eyeliner (adds to wants list) great post and nice to see a familiar face :D
    Mines at budgetbeautyhealth.blogspot.co.uk

    Clare
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. the gloss looks stunning, really enjoyed reading thanks for wanting to take part xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay the colour stay strikes again!!! I am definitely going to get it now. Glad you're part of this series too so I can read your weekly posts again :)

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Revlon, For a drugstore brand it just seems so high end and good quality! Love the idea of a brand focous post! Lovely blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooo! Nice selection girly! Glad to meet someone doing the One Brand Like I am!

    Nadja
    xx

    http://throwmesomethingbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of these types of post! Definitely a good way to check out the brand! I have a couple of revlon lip products I really like. I tried out the colorstay foundation recently and it didn't work well for my skin at all sadly :( most people rave about it, but it was terribly cakey and I think it broke me out!

    sundays grace blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love revlon, such good value for money :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like Revlon's nail polishes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Revlon's a great brand! I love their lip products and they do some good foundations x

    http://lovetelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really miss #theSOproject too!
    Would love to try the gel eyeliner!
    Lovely post :)

    Sheen
    http://goldenandsheen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Revlon is a great brand, love the lip butters x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x