Tuesday 12 November 2013

#theWINTERproject Winter nails




I am so happy to be part of #theWINTERproject and I hope it will fill the void left at the end of #theSOproject!  As with the latter, each Tuesday at 6pm a load of lovely bloggers will be posting about the same thing - all Winter or Christmas related.  A huge thanks to Kellie for organising the project!

Today's post is going to be a quick one - I am a teacher in my day job and tomorrow is Parents' Evening so tonight is very busy getting prepared!  I thought I would put together a couple of ideas collections that are perfect colours for Winter.  I have homed in on Essie as they are my current favourite brand for nails - they have the most amazing colour range, have a gorgeous finish after 2 coats and last longer on me than any other brand I have tried.  Their adorable shade names alone are enough to make me splurge.  If they are available at your local Boots, you can often find them on offer too!

The number one thing I will say for nails in the Winter time is indulge yourself with regular manicures and use hand cream religiously.  I do not have dry skin but even my mitts get a little tender when the chill sets in and the heating is turned up.  Check out my home-manicure post here.

Reds
From Autumnal hues to vivid bauble scarlet, red is the perfect colour for heading into Winter.



Dark
Midnight blue, charcoal grey, emerald green and blackest black conjure up images of dark nights cosied up inside with a mulled wine.  Perfect as the nights draw in and the temperature drops.



Gifts
This gift set, available from Boots and boots.com for only £24.99, is a must-have for any Essie fans out there!


What are your top tips for top Winter fingertips?

Leave your link if you are part of #theWINTERproject!

Have you entered my giveaway yet?  Check it out here! 




15 comments:

  1. What a great post! Essie is my favourite as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There colour range is just so good and I like being able to buy them from Boots :)

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  2. Oh no, now I want to buy all of these!!! Haha but really all those shades are beautiful. Hope parents day goes ok. My brothers a teacher and he always dreads it!!

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went well thanks, glad it's done, I always get nervous!

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  3. I love Essie nail polishes, I don't find them all to be as long lasting as some of the other brands, but they do have an amazing range of colours!
    Kammi
    xx

    http://beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which brands do you like for lasting power? My nail varnish never seems to last very long!

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  4. Owwwww lots of lovely essie colours there. May need to find some of them. I'm slowly being converted to give up my pinks this season lol
    Clare xoxox

    Www.onestopsavvy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe Winter is the perfect time to experiment with some darker colours!

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  5. I love Essie, I definitely need that gift set!

    Bethanyworrall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those presents that I feel like I should buy for someone else but I actually just want for me!

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  6. So many pretty options! Even though Essie isn't my favorite brand, I feel like they always do well with their holiday collections!

    carly; sundays grace blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the names they come up with for the collections are so cute!

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  7. I love allllllll of these colours! My absolute fave is Chanel Malice though, never get bored of it :)

    Tigerlily's Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x